Today we try a great classic of French cuisine. Will your grandmother be surprised?
– 17,6oz of veal
– 1 chicken stock cube
– 1 carrot
– 1 onion
– 7oz of white mushrooms
– 3,5oz of cooking cream
– 1 lime
– 1oz of flour
– 3,5oz of white wine
– 1,7oz of butter
– Salt, pepper, 2 bay leaves
– Rice for the side dish
– Cut the veal into cubes.
– Cut the onion and the carrot into slices, slice the mushrooms.
– In a big pan brown onions and veal in butter, add salt and pepper.
– Add 2 tablespoons of flour and stir.
– Add the white wine, cover the meat with water, add the chicken stock cube and bay leaves.
– Add the carrots and onions.
– Simmer over low heat for 1 hour and a half to 2 hours, stirring and adding water if necessary.
– Pass through a sieve in another saucepan.
– Add the cooking cream and cook for a few minutes.
– Add a dash of lemon juice and stir.
For the presentation :
– On a plate place on one side the veal, on the other the rice.
– Add the sauce.
It’s ready now, enjoy! So what does your grandmother think?