The aperitif is always a pleasant and festive moment. During happy hour you meet your friends, you are having a toast, having a drink, you nibble, you talk and you laugh. One drink, two drinks, three drinks and so on. And above all you never forget to have a toast, because obviously there is always something to celebrate!
In my family we love appetizers, but we also like to accompany them with good things to nibble. I remember that one day I invited to my place my brother and my sister. That day, I did not prepared anything special for the snacking. My brother had told me then: “We should stop chips, peanuts, tomato mozzarella skewers. This is disgusting”. Since that day I try to pay more attention to the appetizers I prepare.
Just a few weeks ago my friend Jay was celebrating its 30th anniversary. On this occasion his wife, Cécile, had asked me to prepare some appetizers. I decided to make toasts and eggplant rolls, for which I am sharing the recipe today.
– 2 eggplants
– 5,3oz of raw ham (prosciutto, Parme, Bayonne…)
– 8,82oz de ricotta
– A few fresh mint leaves
– Olive oil
– Salt, pepper
– Cut the eggplant, lengthwise, into thin slices.
– Fry the eggplant slices with olive oil and then leave aside on absorbent paper.
– Cut the ham into slices of the same length as the eggplant slices.
– Chop the mint and mix it with the ricotta.
– On each slice of eggplant, put some ham, spread the ricotta mixture, and then roll the eggplant so as to obtain an eggplant roll.
– Bake the rolls in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Your eggplant rolls are now ready, enjoy !